Did you know that poor oral health can be detrimental to your body? At Perfect Teeth we endeavour to keep your mouth healthy and beautiful…
Recent studies have found that there is a prominent link between the health of the mouth and the health of the body, with tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease being linked to other issues in the body for example cardiovascular disease, stroke, dementia and diabetes.
It is now more important than ever to maintain your oral health, and at Perfect Teeth in Cairns we urge our patients to:
- Brush twice daily – use a soft-bristled toothbrush held at a 45° angle, this allows your teeth and gums to be cleaned simultaneously.
- Floss once daily – it is often a forgotten step but one of the most important for your oral health. It is more preferable to floss before sleep, as this removes food particles in the mouth that would otherwise wreak havoc in the mouth while you sleep.
- Visit our Cairns or Redlynch dental practice twice yearly – this allows us to keep track of your dental health and identify harmful conditions in the mouth before they become severe.
At Perfect Teeth we strongly believe that prevention is always better than a cure and by stopping by our dental practice every six months we are able to help you keep your mouth healthy. To help you achieve healthy smiles, we also offer:
- Mouthguards – Thousands of sporting injuries could be prevented each year through the use of protective mouthguards. Custom fitted professional mouthguards protect the teeth, lips, tongue and jaw from injury and potentially expensive treatment.
- Splints – These are used to help prevent teeth grinding and jaw clenching, which will help to reduce jaw-related pain.